- International Challenge -90 quilters, 30 themes, 90 quilts. Quilters from 3 countries interpret the same themes in different ways – fascinating to see the results!
- PINK – the latest in the series of the Aotearoa Quilters 12 X 12 Colour Challenges. Up to 100 quilts in one colourway look stunning when hung together are represent the work of quilters from all around New Zealand – from novice to experienced. These mini-artworks will be on sale for $125 each with $100 going directly to the quilter.
- Art Deco – An Aotearoa Quilters members only challenge. Given the theme of Art Deco, participants must represent the theme within the given dimensions. A great variety of style, colour and technique.
- Aotearoa Quilters Touring Exhibition – selected quilts from the Symposium 2018 Exhibition available to tour. These quilts represent the work of many of New Zealand’s most talented quilters and textile artists.
- Hoffman – the annual Hoffman Challenge provides a Hoffman fabric for participants to use to produce a quilt/textile artwork. Twenty of these are chosen to tour the country for exhibition
Saturday, July 28, 2018
Aotearoa Quilters : International Quilt Expo
Formed in 1994 as the National Association of New Zealand Quilters (NANZQ), Aotearoa Quilters support quilters and textile artists by offering classes, exhibitions and professional development opportunities. Membership is open to anyone interested in the NZ quilting and textile scene.
We are excited to be hosting the International Challenge for its final showing here in New Zealand on the 4th & 5th August in Palmerston North. Hosted at the historic Caccia Birch House this will be a stunning exhibition of the quilts from Japan, France, and New Zealand. In addition, we will be showcasing the work of quilters and textile artists from around New Zealand.
In Palmerston North at the Expo you will see:
Check out more details of the weekend events HERE.